TO DONATE TO THE MCAC,
CLICK ON THE $100 BILL
DAVID HOLT & the Lightning Bolts
SATURDAY, JAN 24 7:30pm tickets HERE
THE MADISON COUNTY ARTS COUNCIL OFFICES ARE LOCATED AT 90 SOUTH MAIN STREET IN MARSHALL. OUR REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS ARE MONDAY-FRIDAY 10AM-5PM.
The Madison County Arts Council is now the home of First Stage Youth Theater, a drama program for kids, by kids! Offering acting classes and camps for kids in Madison County. For a Fall 2014 class registration form, call (828)649-1301. For the latest FSYT newsletter- click HERE. For more information click the First Stage logo below...
The Madison County Arts Council is proud to be a site on
The Blue Ridge Music Trails of North Carolina
Click the logo for more information
Blue Ridge Music Trails of North Carolina guidebooks are available in the store at the Arts Center or by calling
- Arts in Education- - A collaborative program in our schools and communities.
- - At twenty years & running, The largest regional traditional and old-time music event in the county. Featuring a silent art auction, food vendors, and artist booths. The 2015 festival will take place on Saturday, June 13th.
- Barn Quilt Project- MCAC is sponsoring the creation of a series of paintings of quilt squares which adorn barns around our county. For more information click HERE.
- The Arts Center-Our home base which hosts concerts, exhibits, performances, lectures, and classes. The Arts Center is available to rent for private functions
Community Public Art Projects
- Festival - A Fall fair of artisans, crafters and music. The 2015 festival will take place on September 26th!
- To download a vendor application click HERE.
- - A live documentary featuring tales and tunes from 4 legendary musicians.
- To see a preview on youtube, click HERE
- To order the DVD click the DVD cover Image below.
-ARTIST NEWS All Madison County artists are welcome to add their information to our new Artist Directory. We have added a searchable database that can host pictures and video. Member artists will be included in a 'Featured Artist' sidebar.
MCAC also provides grant opportunities:
- Grassroots Grants- As the designated county partner for the North Carolina Arts Council Grassroots funds, we provide grants to local arts related non-profits organizations such as:
- Regional Artists Project Grants - In collaboration with four other WNC counties and North Carolina Arts Council, MCAC provides grants to emerging and established artists to further their career. More information about the R.A.P. Grants is available by clicking HERE. The information is updated seasonly. Grant application forms are available on the 'downloads page of this website or by clicking HERE.
- For further information on either of the above grant programs contact the MCAC office at (828)649-1301 or email us at