FIDDLERS OF MADISON COUNTY SATURDAY, MARCH 15th
CATCH A RISING STAR!
ANDY BUCKNER &
SOUTHERN SOUL CAMPAIGN
SUNDAY, MAY 4th
A NOTE ABOUT A COMING CHANGE IN TICKET PRICES FOR SHOWS:
AFTER JANUARY 1st, 2014, WE WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHARGE STATE SALES TAX ON TICKETS SOLD AT THE ARTS CENTER, WHICH WILL RAISE THE PRICE OF THE TICKETS BY APPROXIMATELY $1.WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE EXTRA CHARGE.
THE MADISON COUNTY ARTS COUNCIL OFFICES ARE LOCATED AT 90 SOUTH MAIN STREET IN MARSHALL. OUR REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS ARE MONDAY-FRIDAY 10AM-5PM.
The Madison County Arts Council is now the home of First Stage Youth Theater, a drama program for kids, by kids! Offering acting classes and camps for kids in Madison County. For a Spring 2014 class registration form, click HERE. For the latest FSYT newsletter- click HERE. For more information click the First Stage logo below...
The Madison County Arts Council is proud to be a site on
The Blue Ridge Music Trails of North Carolina
Click the logo for more information
Blue Ridge Music Trails of North Carolina guidebooks are available in the store at the Arts Center or by calling
- Junior Appalachian Musicians Program- Thursday afternoon lessons in fiddle, guitar, banjo, clogging, and mandolin. Fall 2013 J.A.M. classes begin in September, 2013. To download an application, click HERE.
- Arts in Education- - A collaborative program in our schools and communities.
- - The largest regional traditional and old-time music event in the county. Featuring a silent art auction, food vendors, and artist booths.
- Barn Quilt Project- MCAC is sponsoring the creation of a series of paintings of quilt squares which adorn barns around our county. For more information click HERE.
- The Arts Center-Our home base which hosts concerts, exhibits, performances, lectures, and classes. The Arts Center is available to rent for private functions
Community Public Art Projects
- Festival - A Fall fair of artisans, crafters and music. The 2013 festival will take place on September 28th!
- To download a vendor application click HERE.
- - A live documentary featuring tales and tunes from 4 legendary musicians.
- To see a preview on youtube, click HERE
- To order the DVD click the DVD cover Image below.
-ARTIST NEWS All Madison County artists are welcome to add their information to our new Artist Directory. We have added a searchable database that can host pictures and video. Member artists will be included in a 'Featured Artist' sidebar.
MCAC also provides grant opportunities:
- Grassroots Grants- As the designated county partner for the North Carolina Arts Council Grassroots funds, we provide grants to local arts related non-profits organizations such as:
- Regional Artists Project Grants - In collaboration with four other WNC counties and North Carolina Arts Council, MCAC provides grants to emerging and established artists to further their career. More information about the R.A.P. Grants is available by clicking HERE. The information is updated seasonly. Grant application forms are available on the 'downloads page of this website or by clicking HERE.
- For further information on either of the above grant programs contact the MCAC office at (828)649-1301 or email us at