Rates and Policies
MADISON COUNTY ARTS CENTER FACILITY USE POLICY
The Madison County Arts Council recognizes it is a public trust, non-profit organization that is designed for the people of Madison County, North Carolina. Realizing that in many cases public facilities are not available, our facility will be made available for community and individual use governed by the following guidelines and procedures. The Madison County Arts Council is located in the old library building at 90 South Main Street, Marshall, NC.
- The Madison County Arts Council recognizes the responsibilities for the care and maintenance of its facilities.
- The Executive Director and authorized representatives are authorized to approve and schedule the use of the Madison County Arts Center by authorized groups within the rules and regulations set forth by this policy.
- Use of the Madison County Arts Center facility will be scheduled with the following priorities:
o programs sponsored by MCAC
o current MCAC members or member organizations
o organized community groups or services
o individuals residing in Madison County
o others organizations or individuals
- MCAC Executive Director, after consultation with the Board of Directors, may refuse the request of any organization or group to use the facility when she believes it is not in the best interest of MCAC or the community, an/or if improper use is in evidence.
Procedure for Scheduling Facility:
- Request for use must be made in advance to the Executive Director or staff and must be confirmed by the Executive Director. To assure availability, request must be made 60 days in advance. (deposit of $50.)
- Persons requesting use of Madison County Arts Center must complete a Facility Use application. This application is available through MCAC office.
Regulations Governing Use of Facilities:
- When a group is granted permission to use facilities, the following shall be observed.
- Due to the multi-purpose use of this facility certain times are unavailable for use. See attached calendar to determine dates available for use. Requests outside of this calendar must be approved by the Executive Director and may entail additional regulations and costs.
- One person, approved by the Executive Director and representing the group or organization, shall assume responsibility for opening and closing the facility and seeing that the group or organization representing follows the policies, rules and regulations of the Center’s Board relating to the use of Madison County Arts Center facility. This supervisor must be in attendance at all times to accept responsibility for: the care of the facility, confining the group’s activities to the assigned area and vacating the premises at the assigned time.
- The individual or organization using the facility shall assume responsibility for all damage to space, equipment, and facilities caused by said individual or group use. The individual or organization must also agree to be responsible for all claims for damage to persons or property that may arise out of use of the facility or equipment.
- No Smoking is permitted in any Arts Council space in keeping with state fire regulations. Enforcement of this regulation is the responsibility of the individual or organization using the facility. No Smoke Machines will be allowed in the building. Lighted candles and sterno shall not be left unattended.
- User will supply all equipment, supplies, etc. needed during use of facility. 50 folding chairs will be made available to user. The Arts Council staff or representative is not responsible for any set-up of equipment or supplies.
- Police, security or fire protection may be required, if deemed necessary the Executive Director. Cost of this protection will be assumed by user.
- Curfew time is 11:00pm for use of facility has been established unless approved otherwise.
- Music must be kept at a reasonable volume and turned down at 10:00pm and turned off at 11:00pm. Complaints about the volume of music will be reported to the Police Department and may result in charges of disorderly conduct or disturbing the peace. The user of the facility is responsible for the control of music volume and any resulting charges.
- Cotton batting, straw, flammable tissue, dry leaves, or other highly flammable materials may not be used for decorative purposes.
- Before leaving the facility, the areas used shall be clean and the space shall be left in readiness for regular functions, unless previous arrangements have been made.
- Offices are off-limits to users.
- There is a phone that shall be available to user for local calls only. Any unauthorized long distance calls charged to MCAC on the day of use shall be billed back to lessee.
- Failure to adhere to these listed policies will result in additional charges and a suspension of privileges by MCAC.
Fees & Charges
- There is a charged fee for the use of the Madison County Arts Center facilities as deemed necessary by the Executive Director and Board of Directors. These fees collected will be used to cover expenses for utilities and maintenance of the facility.
- A schedule of fees for facility use has been determined by the Executive Director and approved by the Board of Directors. This fee structure has been determined by utility usage and other facility-use related expense. This fee structure, by necessity, will be updated periodically to meet increased energy costs. The fee schedule is included with this policy. NOTE THAT AN ADDITIONAL UTILITY CHARGE MAY APPLY FOR WINTER RENTALS.
- The Executive Director has the option of requesting custodial personnel and/or staff to be on duty, before, during or after a function. The salary for these persons will be time and one half their regular rate an will be assumed by the group, organization or individual requesting the facility.
This policy shall be subject to change without due notice in the event of emergencies or other conditions that may warrant such action by the Board of Directors.
Madison County Arts Center Facility Rental Rate